"We regret that for Netanyahu, the term 'Arabs' includes the embodiment of a demonic people rather than people who live in the country and are entitled not only to equal rights but also protection from incitement."--Shutafut-Sharakah, an umbrella advocacy group involved in Jewish-Arab civil rights issues, responding to Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's comments after the death of late prime minister Yitzhak Shamir.
- Netanyahu eulogizes former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir - In speech during weekly cabinet meeting, Netanyahu praises Shamir, who died Saturday at 96, for dedicating his life to ensure the existence of Israel + VIDEO. (Haaretz)
- Palestinian ambassador in Germany: Holocaust is worst crime in history - Salah Abdel-Shafi, who has served as the Palestinian ambassador to Berlin since 2010, says neither Palestinians nor Israelis should have a 'monopoly on suffering.' (Haaretz)
- Division at Bar-Ilan University: Professors against the president - After Professor Moshe Kaveh signed letter against turning Ariel college in the W. Bank into a university, he received severe criticism from senior officials at Bar-Ilan. (Maariv, p. 6 and NRG Hebrew)
- Palestinian Press freedom group urges probe into reporter beating by Palestinian police (Maan)
- Ulpana eviction deadline extended to Nov. 15 - High Court grants State's request to extend deadline for relocation of five structures due to 'complex engineering considerations.' (Ynet)
- Arab youths unfazed by likely changes to Israel's draft laws - Netanyahu says he will only support a replacement to the Tal Law if it includes service for Israeli Arab and Haredi men. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.