18,208"The number of liters milked from ‘Kharta,’ the cow from a kibbutz near Gaza, who won the title of highest yielding cow in Israel due to special treatment by dairy farmers following rocket attacks."
- After criticism, Haifa University adds Arabic text to new logo - The University of Haifa was criticized of omitting text in Arabic on its new 40-year anniversary logo. (Haaretz)
- Can’t pray - Conservative Movement: We’ll boycott hotels in Israel - New crisis with US Jews: Conservative Jews, who number 1.25 million in US, boycotting Israeli hotels that don’t allow men and women to hold prayer service together in hotel with a hotel Torah. (Yedioth, p. 12)
- In South Africa, storm over West Bank products is spiraling into a hurricane Pretoria's bid to remove 'Made in Israel' label from products made in the territories has enraged Israel. (Haaretz)
- Three female exam observers expelled because of modesty - The secular girls, who arrived in long sleeves and long skirts to a school in Beitar Illit not allowed to remain because of color of clothing and fact they were unmarried. Education Ministry: “Their clothes did not suit the place’s character.” (Maariv, p. 22 and NRG Hebrew)
- Yemen: Jewish community leader stabbed to death - Man attacked at Sanaa market by Muslim who accused him of witchcraft. (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.