The fallout continues over the South African track star who may be disqualified for possibly failing a gender test. "I now realize that it was an error of judgment and I would like to apologize unconditionally," Athletics South Africa President Leonard Chuene said at a news conference Friday after emails revealed that Chuene had been aware of internal ASA gender tests on 18-year-old runner Caster Semenya. The emails, published yesterday in South Africa’s Mail & Guardian newspaper, are between ASA doctor Harold Adams and ASA General Manager Molatelo Malehopo, but Chuene was CC’ed in the exchange. While the ASA had denied knowledge of the tests, which reveal that last month’s 800-meter record breaker Semenya has both male and female characteristics, the emails reveal that Adams did not want Semenya to participate in the race. Chuene said no to the request, in part, because "If we did not let her run, we would be confirming that she is not normal," Chuene said at the press conference. The consequences of Chuene’s decision to withhold information have not been announced.