News from Israel
The Olive Branch and the UN
"The Iranian regime sees the nuclear project as an umbrella... that will protect it from severe US and Israeli reactions to its actions - an insurance policy that will make sure that the US won't do what it did to Saddam."--Senior Israeli military official explains Iranian refusal of West's offer, Yedioth.
- Abbas to Netanyahu: Respond favorably to Palestinian peace plan or we return to UN - Abbas gave the PM a month to respond to the Palestinian positions, which will be laid out in a letter to be delivered to Netanyahu next Wednesday. (Haaretz)
- Mofaz: 'Palestinians should get 100% of their territorial demands' - Kadima Chairman gets flak from Right and his own party for interview given to NYT. (Israel Hayom)
- Egypt sends 7 battalions into Sinai with Israeli approval, sources say (Israel Hayom)
- Hundreds of demonstrators rally to protest against Israel's skyrocketing cost of living. (Ynet)
- Syria demands written guarantees from rebels before pulling back troops (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Egypt's former spy chief Omar Suleiman joins presidential race (Agencies, Haaretz)
- 'Suleiman's election could trigger nationwide revolt' (Agencies, Ynet)
- Muslim Brotherhood official says movement will honor Israel peace accord (Israel Hayom)
Here is the full News from Israel.