We call the community 'Lite Territories.'--Eyal Barkan, 42, who relocated with his wife and three kids from Israel proper to Beit Aryeh community in the Palestinian Territories. They are the 'new settlers' who are neither religious Jews or right-wing ideologists.
- Hamas to Egypt: Reopen Gaza crossing, and we will shut down smuggling tunnels - PA secretary says tunnels harm Egypt's security and called on them to be demolished; Hamas says such declarations are meant to harm the Islamist group. (Haaretz)
- Jerusalem police: (The slogan) 'Temple Mount is in our hands' – incitement - Group of female Bnei Akiva (religious) youth movement members banned from calling out historic slogan during demonstration for fear of inciting Arab public to violence. (Ynet)
- Netanyahu: Threat to Israel's home front dwarfed by threat of nuclear Iran - PM accuses previous governments of neglecting investment in home front; says will appoint new home front defense minister in coming days. (Haaretz)
- Teen arrested in connection to mosque arson - Police cut Jerusalem resident's vacation short over suspicion he was involved in 'price tag' vandalism near Ramallah. (Ynet)
- UN chief angered over Netanyahu's 'leak' of private talk on Iran, sources say - Prime Minister's Office launches official internet, media campaign to attempt to sway Ban Ki-moon from his intention to visit the NAM conference in Tehran. (Haaretz)
For the full News From Israel