South Korea has thrown its support behind Donald Trump's surprise decision to suspend U.S. military drills with the country. Trump made the concession after talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un during a summit in Singapore last week. The announcement came as a surprise both to South Korea and the Pentagon, but Seoul finally said Tuesday that it supports Trump’s move. “South Korea and the U.S. made the decision as we believe this will contribute to maintaining such momentum,” claimed Choi Hyun-soo, a defense ministry’s spokeswoman. Dana White, spokeswoman for the U.S. Defense Department, said Monday that planning for the summer drills in South Korea had stopped, but no decisions have been made on any other military exercises with South Korea.