"Hello, I'm the Holocaust. The best thing that happened to whom? To you. Because of me you have a state."--From a skit by provocative Israeli performance artist Natalie Cohen Waxberg, who will be performing tonight in Tel-Aviv's White Night.
- Settlers stone vehicles, torch fields near Nablus - Israeli forces closed a main road near Yitzhar settlement after settlers attacked dozens of Palestinian vehicles with stones. Settlers then set fire to olive trees on Palestinian land in nearby Huwwara village, which destroyed over 5 acres of land. (Maan)
- Settlers assault Israeli activists near Qalqiliya - Settlers from Havat Gilad outpost assaulted members of the Yesh Din Israeli human rights organization near Qalqiliya, injuring one activist Yesh Din members were visiting the village of Farata to see the suffering of Palestinians there. (Maan and Yesh Dinphotos)
- Israel agrees to open Muslim prayer rooms in six largest hospitals - Health Ministry assures High Court of Justice that Israel's largest hospitals will have prayer areas for Muslims within a year and a half. (Haaretz+)
- Israel blasts UNESCO resolution censuring activities in Jerusalem - UNESCO World Heritage meeting in Cambodia becomes Mideast battlefield as members pass Palestinian-sponsored, Jordanian-authored resolution condemning Israel’s activities in the capital. (Israel Hayom)
- Palestinians shelve bid to have West Bank village recognized as UN heritage site - Bid for UNESCO recognition of Battir postponed as goodwill gesture to U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry; Kerry in Kuwait: Netanyahu, Abbas committed to peace process. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Israel reopens Gaza's Kerem Shalom crossing - Israel on Wednesdayreopened the Kerem Shalom terminal on its border with Gaza after a two-day closure and notified the Palestinian side that 300 trucks of goods would be allowed to enter Gaza on Wednesday. (Maan)
- French media analyst convicted of defamation, fined in Mohammed al-Dura case - Philippe Karsenty fined 7,000 euros for accusing France-2 of staging Palestinian boy's death by Israeli fire in Gaza. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Report: 4 'Mossad men' in Egypt charged with espionage - Egyptian media reports 6 Israelis – 4 Israeli intelligence officials, 2 Israeli Arabs – are being charged with espionage together with 3 Egyptians for allegedly transferring information regarding army, terrorist activities in Sinai to Israel. (Haaretz and Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.