The family of Keith Lamont Scott, who was shot dead by cops earlier this week in Charlotte, viewed two police videos of the incident on Thursday and said they believe it’s still unclear what exactly occurred. “It is impossible to discern from the videos what, if anything, Mr. Scott is holding in his hands,” attorney Justin Bamberg said. “When he was shot and killed, Mr. Scott’s hands were by his side and he was slowly walking backwards.” Police have said Scott was holding a gun and refused to comply with orders. The family has asked that police release the video to the public, but Police Chief Kerr Putney said that would impede an investigation. Putney and the Scott family agree that the video is not “definitive” in what it depicts. Putney said witness interviews and other evidence are consistent with the officers’ story that Scott refused to drop a firearm at police command. The Scott family has said Scott neither owned nor carried a gun with him, and contending that he was reading a book in his car when officers approached him. After two nights of violent protests in the city, crowds marched again but remained peaceful Thursday evening and into Friday morning. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Capt. Mike Campagna said officials likely wouldn’t enforce an imposed midnight to 6 a.m. city-wide curfew if it stayed that way.