“This is an alliance of cowards and the most ridiculous zigzag in Israel’s political history."--Labor Party Chairwoman Shelly Yachimovich on the unity 'deal' between Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and opposition leader and Kadima Chairman Shaul Mofaz.
- Knesset passes law setting standard for Israeli and Palestinian prisoners' conditions – Rules included rights to medical care, sufficient food and drink, clothing and sheets, and education. One exception: Only Israeli citizens are entitled to rehabilitation. (Haaretz English and full story in Hebrew)
- Jerusalem: Ads warn parents – keep daughters away from Arabs (Ynet)
- Red Cross, UN appeal for Palestinian hunger strikers - Humanitarian agency says six prisoners held in Israel in 'imminent danger of dying' and must be transferred to hospital. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Top Palestinian negotiator Erekat hospitalized following heart attack (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Rescuing Mitch - Security forces descended on Jericho in the middle of the night and released a hostage: Mitch, a Tel-Aviv dog stolen at the Dead Sea. (Yedioth, p. 18)
For the full News from Israel.