"You cause a soldier, who a minute ago saw you as a suspect or a target, to see you as a person, and he starts to cry. From my point of view, that's success."--Bassam Aramin, a Palestinian who was in Israeli jail and whose daughter was killed by the bullet of a Border Policeman, and Rami Elhanan, a bereaved Israeli father, talk about their struggles to convince Jewish Israelis that dialogue can break the cycle of violence and release of Palestinian prisoners is not such a bad thing.
- IDF soldier filmed kicking Palestinian boy - Video distributed by International Solidarity Movement shows soldier cursing, shoving and kicking 12-year-old in Hebron; IDF says will investigate. (WATCH: Ynet and Maan andIsrael Hayom)
- Vandalism, closures, and confusion at Hebron's Cave of Patriachs - IDF bars Palestinians aged 18-35 from praying at the holy site after repeated vandalism of sacred Jewish items on the premises. GOC Central Command Nitzan Alon orders that Palestinians be allowed in, but his soldiers don't follow the order. (Israel Hayom)
- Yesh Atid MK responds after suspension: I'm not going anywhere - Adi Kol, sanctioned by Yair Lapid after abstaining to vote on governability law [that pushes individual Arab parties out of Knesset - OH], says on Facebook that she will continue doing what she believes in. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli rights group sues BDS-backing Australian professor - Shurat HaDin says Professor Jake Lynch violated his country's federal anti-discrimination law by calling for a boycott of Israel. (Haaretz)
- Hezbollah must disarm, says former Lebanese prime minister - Militant group has lost its right to fight against 'Israeli enemy' since joining Syrian civil war, AFP quotes Saad Hariri saying. (Haaretz)
- Report: Egypt cancels Erdogan visit to Gaza - Egyptian authorities have canceled a planned visit to Gaza by the Turkish Prime Minister, a popular Egyptian news site said Sunday. (Maan)
- US posts in Israel to reopen; others remain closed - Embassy in Tel Aviv, missions in Haifa, Jerusalem not included in State Department list of 19 diplomatic posts that will remain closed until August 10. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.