Pharmacy Poisoned Horses

Time to get a different veterinarian. The 21 polo horses that mysteriously perished before, during, and after a match were accidentally poisoned by an incorrectly prepared medication, the Associated Press reports. Though the guilty pharmacy has yet to officially state what the medicine was, there are reports that it was a tainted vitamin that is illegal in the U.S. The horses belonged to Victor Vargas, the shady Venezuelan millionaire who is rumored to be quite cozy with Hugo Chavez. The deaths have spurred a call for anti-doping measures in equestrian sports, though the captain of the polo team insists they would never do anything that might harm their beloved steeds. Vargas himself was said to be openly weeping while holding one of the dying horses in his arms.