"My brother was chosen for his talents. We are all Israelis and patriots no less than anyone else."--Talal Al-Krenawi, mayor of Rahat, speaking in defense of his brother, Prof. Alean Al-Krenawi, after Achva college officials anonymously slammed the Bedouin professor's appointment as president of a teachers' college due to his ethnic and religious background.
- Tourists venture to West Bank to 'shoot terrorists' — Thrill-seeking tourists of all ages brave West Bank shooting range to be taught by settlers how to shoot terrorists. (Yedioth and Ynet)
- Israel agrees to release hunger-striking Palestinian soccer player — Palestinian prisoner Mahmoud Sarsak ends three-month hunger strike after Israel agrees to release him on July 10. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Israeli ex-soldier: I support Palestinian armed resistance and understand terror — Andrey Pshenichnikov, who was arrested by Israel for residing in Bethlehem, says it is impossible to act within a moral framework while under occupation. (Haaretz)
- (Palestinian) Arab poll: Palestinian Authority is corrupt — Palestinians believe their life under PA and Hamas rule is devoid of any real freedom, survey shows. (Ynet)
- Peres talks about love on Facebook — President answers Facebook users' questions. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.