“We are citizens in the state of Israel, and we support the U.N. bid."--Joint statement by coalition of Israeli peace organizations.
- Military court president pushing to apply Israeli criminal law in West Bank - Palestinian residents currently subject to mix of military orders and Jordanian law; West Bank penal code is generally harsher than Israel's. (Haaretz+)
- Artists, Nobel laureates call for military boycott of Israel - Mike Leigh, Ken Loach, Alice Walker, Noam Chomsky and Roger Waters among those who signed letter saying Operation Pillar of Defense 'new chapter in Israel's decades-old violations of international law, Palestinian rights.' (Ynet)
- 7 hurt Wednesday in new breach of Gaza ceasefire - Seven people were shot at east of al-Maghazi and al-Bureij refugee camps and transferred to the al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital. One man sustained serious injuries. (Maan)
- Israel's navy arrests 9 fishermen off Gaza coast - The head of Gaza's fishing association said Israel's navy opened fire at two Palestinian fishing boats six miles off the coast then took the fishermen to Ashdod. The boats belong to Murad al-Hassi and the Baker family. (Maan and Haaretz+)
- Israeli authorities destroy olive groves, wells, barns near Hebron - Israeli forces escorted a civil administration crew with bulldozers to Wadi al-Qatami in Beit Ula where they dug up olive fields, destroyed three wells used for irrigation and demolished three farmsheds. They uprooted around 1,000 olive saplings, which they took with them. (Maan)
- EU donates €11.5 million to UNRWA - EU representative John Gatt-Rutter also paid tribute to UNRWA staff who worked in dangerous circumstances to continue providing healthcare, food aid and educational services throughout Israel's offensive. (Maan)
- Israel's only facility for Arab victims of sexual abuse faces closure - The Social Affairs Ministry offered the NGO operating the center NIS 30,000 instead of the NIS 200,000 they received in previous years, claiming that they did not submit a request for assistance as required. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.