"Had we fired indiscriminately during the many protests surrounding Operation Pillar of Cloud, and shot at every 13-year-old stone thrower, then we would have seen the operation spill over to the West Bank."--Senior officer at the Judea and Samaria (W. Bank) Brigade tells Ynet.
- Vandals spray 'price tag' graffiti on Jerusalem monastery - In a separate incident Tuesday night, vandals set car on fire in town near Ramallah; there has been an increase in price tag attacks against Christian institutions in recent months. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Israel raids three Palestinian NGO offices amid heightened tension - Israeli sweep is the first of its kind since the West Bank government won international recognition at the United Nations General Assembly. Palestinian NGO Network official links raids to UN's decision to upgrade PA's status. (Agencies, Haaretz and Ynet)
- Israel's anti-Abbas campaign- Lieberman wants to use ads in foreign papers to portray Palestinian president as Mashaal's cohort. Ads to be posted by Jewish groups. (Yedioth/Ynet)
- Israel ranks 7th in international math tests - International studies examining students' achievements in math, science and reading see Israeli students rank above average but point to gaps between Jewish, Arab students. (Ynet)
- War of the Australian peace researchers against Israeli professor - Prof. Dan Avnon, who wanted to promote a co-existence program between Jewish and Arab children, was shocked to discover that the "Peace Center" at Sidney University refuses to work with him. "We don't have anything against you personally, but we boycott Israel." Avnon: "The center director is fueling hatred between people." (Maariv, p. 12/NRG Hebrew)
- US approves sales of precision bomb kits to Israel - Pentagon notifies Congress it has approved Israel's request to buy 6,900 Joint Direct Attack Munition tail kits built by Boeing. Pentagon: It is vital to U.S. national interests to assist Israel in developing and maintaining its self-defense capabilities. (Haaretz+ and Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.