"And I know that every moment that passes in this war, more parents lose their beautiful, sweet, innocent children. Yes, I am scared. I cannot fall asleep. But more than that, I am angry."--Gaza Dr. Izzeldin Abuelaish, formerly a doctor at the Israeli Sheba Hospital, who lost his three daughters and niece from an Israeli shell shot at his home during Operation Cast Lead, writes to Israelis in Yedioth.
- Reporters Without Borders condemns Israeli strikes on building housing media outlets - The attacks on the two high-rise buildings in Gaza wounded six Palestinian journalists Sunday and damaged the equipment of foreign media outlets. (Haaretz+)
- IDF bombs Gaza soccer stadium - IDF says long-range rockets fired from stadium in Gaza Strip, multiple weapons hidden under grass. (Ynet)
- Ambassadors on the Internet - In 15 'war rooms' across the country, youths aged 13-17 are working to "prevent the blackening of Israel's face." They are responding to articles on foreign news websites and they are operating blogs and working on the PR front for Israel. "There are many anti-Israeli writings and we are here to fight that." (Maariv, p. 12)
- McCain: Without Iron Dome, Israel would be in Gaza - US diplomats comment on Gaza op, support Israel's right to defend itself, but stress need for negotiations: 'No one wants ground war.' (Ynet)
- Kim Kardashian regrets Israel-Palestine tweets - Reality show star apologizes for two tweets she posted found offensive by followers. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.