News from Israel
No Methodist BDS
"The ridiculous attempt to disguise the new outpost... using fire trucks and ambulances, is another expression of the settlers' success to unequivocally harness the system for their needs."
--Left-wing activist Dror Etkes on the transfer of a military base to West Bank settlers 'for humanitarian purposes.'
- Fatah, Hamas meeting ends without unity deal (Agencies, Ynet)
- Yair Lapid to call all the shots in new party, charter shows (Haaretz)
- Methodist church says no to Israel divestment initiative (Haaretz)
- In solitary confinement for 10 years, Palestinian prisoner sees family only once - In February, Judge Yonatan Avraham denied Mahmoud Issa's request for a visit from his 75-year-old mother, deeming such a visit a 'great potential risk to state security.' (Haaretz)
- IDF hands over former West Bank base to Israeli settlers - Leading left-wing activist: Foundation of new outpost shows settlers can use system for their needs. (Haaretz)For the full News from Israel.