"The ridiculous attempt to disguise the new outpost... using fire trucks and ambulances, is another expression of the settlers' success to unequivocally harness the system for their needs."
--Left-wing activist Dror Etkes on the transfer of a military base to West Bank settlers 'for humanitarian purposes.'
- Fatah, Hamas meeting ends without unity deal (Agencies, Ynet)
- Yair Lapid to call all the shots in new party, charter shows (Haaretz)
- Methodist church says no to Israel divestment initiative (Haaretz)
- In solitary confinement for 10 years, Palestinian prisoner sees family only once - In February, Judge Yonatan Avraham denied Mahmoud Issa's request for a visit from his 75-year-old mother, deeming such a visit a 'great potential risk to state security.' (Haaretz)
- IDF hands over former West Bank base to Israeli settlers - Leading left-wing activist: Foundation of new outpost shows settlers can use system for their needs. (Haaretz)For the full News from Israel.