SLAP ON THE WRIST

No Charges in Afghan Hospital Bombing

No criminal charges will be brought against the U.S. military personnel involved in an air raid on a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan last year that killed 42 people, U.S. Defense officials told the AP on Wednesday. More than a dozen personnel have been disciplined for the October 2015 attack, when the charity-run hospital was attacked by a U.S. Air Force Special Operations AC-130 gunship. Afghan officials had said the hospital was seized by the Taliban, but there has been no evidence to support the claim. The punishments, which have yet to be publicly announced, are reportedly mostly administrative. However, in some cases letters of reprimand were issued, which is likely to hinder chances of promotion. Those who were disciplined included both officers and enlisted personnel, but none were generals, officials said.