"I don't see any problem in the multi-faceted connections."--Miss Young Israel, Lina Mahoula, is fine with her Israeli-Russian-Arab-Christian identity.
- PA President: As long as I am in power, there will be no third intifada - In an interview to Israel's Channel 2, Mahmoud Abbas says although he is a refugee from Safed, he supports a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders; the rest, he says, is Israel. (Haaretz)
- Court orders indictment of settler, not only of Palestinian, on assault charges - Video footage of confrontation between settlers and Palestinians shows the plaintiff hurling a stone at a woman. Investigators failed to watch copy of film sent to the police. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli security forces, settlers clash after state moves to demolish West Bank outpost - Settlers accuse police of using brute force in clearing of 'Hasruga' outpost near Yitzhar; Haredi IDF soldier defects over demolition; Likud minister: Barak has lost his senses. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Beginning to move the houses of the Givat Ulpana outpost - The agreement with the 30 settler families was that they would evacuate voluntarily in exchange for the transfer of their homes to a new location inside Beit El settlement and off privately owned Palestinian land and the building of another 300 housing units. [The article in the pro-Netanyahu paper did not mention the high cost to taxpayers. -OH] (Maariv, p. 6)
- Israeli rabbi: US got a 'nice hurricane' - Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak implies superstorm Sandy was message from God against Israel's dependence on America, lashes out at 'President Obamba' for 'enslaving Israel.' (Ynet)
- Iron merchant caught transferring money to Hamas - Shin Bet, police trace Gazan iron merchant that used his Israeli visa to transfer millions of dollars and iron to Hamas military wing. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.