The Holocaust has led Jewish Americans to the "wrong conclusion… That they have to support Israel no matter what."--Israeli film director of "The Gatekeepers" speaks about the forces that harm the Jewish state.
- Lapid and Bennett coordinating moves to outflank ultra-Orthodox in next coalition - The link between Lapid and Bennett sends a clear signal to Netanyahu that both are serious about confronting the ultra-Orthodox conscription issue. (Haaretz+)
- Lapid demanding Finance Committee and Housing Ministry - Yair Lapid's party says there's no point in receiving ministerial posts if the committee remains in United Torah Judaism's hands. (Haaretz+)
- Women's group: Ban Eshel from public office - Israel Women's Network urges AG to bar disgraced PM bureau chief from heading coalition negotiation; warns 'Bringing Eshel back threatens women's safety.' (Ynet)
- Israeli filmmaker: Netanyahu as much to blame for Rabin's death as Yigal Amir - Dror Moreh, who directed the Oscar-nominated documentary 'The Gatekeepers,' also says that American Jews' unyielding support for Israel is harmful to its future. (Haaretz+)
- Rivlin: Knesset may be ready to pass a constitution - Knesset speaker says conditions are ripe for permanent constitution: "The election results show that Israelis have reset their priorities and prove that many are no longer resigned to having the peace process top the agenda." (Israel Hayom)
- Due to clerical error, Arab town votes for far-right Jewish party - A recount of the polling data in Jisr al-Zarqa, which attracted the attention of the elections committee, revealed a clerical error was responsible for the surprising support of Aryeh Eldad and Michael Ben Ari's party. (Haaretz+)
- Morsi aide: Holocaust a U.S. hoax - Fox News quotes Fathi Shihab-Eddim as saying 'The myth of the Holocaust is an industry that America invented.' (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.