The News from Israel
Migron v. Supreme Court
"The Migron agreement is a dangerous precedent that will badly hurt the status of the High Court and its rulings."--33 Israeli jurists signed on an ad on Haaretz's front page calling on the High Court not to accept tomorrow an agreement between settlers and the state.
- Israel to phase out civilian atomic reactor by 2018 - Small facility at Soreq to be replaced by particle accelerator; Israel Atomic Energy Commission says will pursue 'continued and wide-ranging' involvement with IAEA. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Fatah: Iran paid Hamas to block Palestinian deal - Fatah spokesman says Tehran paid Hamas leaders tens of millions of dollars to sabotage reconciliation efforts. (Ynet)
- Obama: No reason for U.S. and Iran to be divided - Obama directly appeals to Iranian people in video message marking the Persian new year; rebukes Iranian government for creating 'electronic curtain' around its people. (Haaretz)
- Jerusalem police arrest four ultra-Orthodox men in fake kollel scam (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu's son abandoned his military shift, confined to base - Yair Netanyahu, who serves in IDF Spokesman's Unit left his night shift for hours and went home. He was sentenced to 3 weeks confinement to base for that and for lying to officer. (Yedioth, p. 40)
To read the full version of the News from Israel click here.