"Instead of asking how much (the celebrations/conference) cost and who will pay - we need to ask: Where was everybody?--Yedioth commentator Sever Plocker discusses why no foreign presidents or great intellectuals showed up for the President's Conference and President Shimon Peres' 90th birthday celebrations.
- McDonald's says it won't open branch in Ariel - According to Calcalist report, fast-food franchise cites location beyond the Green Line as the reason. McDonald's Israel: Decision not to operate beyond the Green Line was "always the policy of the franchise." (Israel Hayom)
- Bat-Ayin settler suspected of stone hurling, tree felling - A 43-year-old man from the Bat-Ayin settlement was arrested Monday for suspected stone hurling and tree felling in April. The allegations refer to the cutting of some 100 trees belonging to Palestinians. (Ynet)
- Israel Police creates unit to fight 'price tag' attacks, but only in West Bank- Prime Minister Netanyahu ordered police to establish centralized unit 18 months ago with goal of creating intelligence database and cracking down on extremist attacks across country - but plan has already gotten off to rocky start. (Haaretz+)
- Assailants fire at Israeli bus in West Bank; no casualties - Head of Shomron Regional Council slams lack of adequate response to stone-hurling attacks behind Green Line. (Ynet)
- Israel ranks as the world's sixth largest arms exporter in 2012 - Israel's weapons sales jumped 74% since 2008, largely thanks to deals with India, according to IHS Jane's; U.S. tops the defense intelligence company's list of arms exporters, with more than $28 billion in defense deals in 2012. (Haaretz+ and Israel Hayom)
- Israel in 2035: Older, less Jewish - Israel expected to populate 11.4 million inhabitants by 2035, 73% of whom would be Jewish, according to Central Bureau of Statistics report. Population expected to be older, life expectancy of women to nearly reach 90. (Ynet)
- Defense Ministry fights ouster of pro-IDF Christian Arab leader - Father Jibra'il (Gabriel) Nadaf may be shown the door after endorsing the conscription of Arab Christians. Defense Ministry to hold special meeting and may establish dedicated unit to protect Arab youth who enlist. We must have their backs, Danon says. (Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.