"And you are not responding. This is a bit embarrassing..."--David Grossman, author and moral compass for Israel, writes open letter to Prime Minister asking him to respond to Palestinian President with negotiations after the latter hinted at a renunciation of the Right of Return.
- Report: IDF kills Palestinian who approached fence - Gaza sources say soldiers shot dead unarmed, mentally disabled Palestinian who approached border fence near Kissufim. IDF: Suspect failed to heed calls to stop (Haaretzand Ynet)
- Family leaves East Jerusalem home after settler attack - The settlers smashed the windows of his home in al-Tur and ransacked his elderly mother's room, causing her to pass out, said Mahmoud Abu al-Hawa. An Israeli court has ruled that a relative of al-Hawa sold the home to the Elad settler association, he said. (Maan)
- Givat Ulpana (settler outpost) evacuees not recovering - Post-trauma, anxiety attacks, and psychiatric drugs. Parents have trouble going back to work. This is what the day-to-day life of families evacuated from Ulpana looks like. (Maariv, p. 14 and NRG Hebrew)
- Russia FM: Hamas can play vital role in advancing Palestinian issue - After meeting with senior Hamas official in Cairo, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Palestinian issue cannot be solved without Palestinian unity. (Haaretz+)
- Arab MK: World must sanction Israel over FM Lieberman's 'racism' - In Op-Ed published in U.K.'s The Guardian, Balad chairman Jamal Zahalka says international community must reject Lieberman-Netanyahu union like it rejected Jorg Haider entrance into Austria's cabinet. (Haaretz)
- Report: African torture victims held under devastating conditions in Israel - A report released by Israeli human rights organizations shows that Africans who suffer torture, rape or sexual abuse in Egypt are then victims of 'deficient treatment' and lack of health services in Israeli facilities. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.