The News from Israel
Israel's Virtual Battles
"Every person chosen to join the top team of seed-shellers will also encounter people that he would never meet under normal circumstances."--The rule for the joint Palestinian-Israeli-Jordanian sunflower seed shell-cracking sessions.
- Did Facebook close Netanyahu's page? - Users trying to post on prime minister's personal page find it closed to posts, comments, most likely in response to slew of negative posts. Spokesman: Facebook behind glitch. (Ynet)
- New ultra-Orthodox initiative: Arranged marriages between singles with cancer - 'Lev Malka' collects names of ultra-Orthodox singles with cancer to help them find partner. (Maariv, p. 16)
- Millions to be invested in critical systems fortification - Fortification of water, power, facilities to begin next week at companies' expense; Home Front Command to oversee project. (Ynet)
- Israel attacks Iran — in second season of 'Homeland' - Second season of highly touted American TV series opens with Israel bombing Iranian nuclear facilities. The first few episodes, set in Beirut, were filmed in Israel. (Israel Hayom)
- After Romney's visit, Ahmadinejad slams U.S. Republican for 'kissing Israel's foot' - Ahmadinejad did not specifically name Romney, but his comments were an unmistakable jab at the Republican contender's stop this week in Israel. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.