49.--Percentage of Jewish public that wants the state to treat Jewish citizens better than Arab ones, says poll.
- Jerusalem youths suspected of setting Palestinian taxi ablaze - Settlers set taxi cab on fire, spray 'price tag' graffiti on Palestinian family's property. Police: Graffiti referencing arrest of 3 right-wing activists by undercover police. (Ynet)
- IDF strikes north Gaza after rocket fire, two Palestinians killed - Hamas claims casualties in Beit Hanoun as its own; attack follows earlier overnight strike on Jabalya. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Israel postpones hearing for hunger-striking prisoner - An Israeli military court postponed a hearing for Samir Issawi, a prisoner who has been on hunger strike for 83 days. Israeli police did not bring Issawi to Ofer courtroom and judges did not set a new date for the hearing. (Maan)
- Settlers 'strip naked, insult Prophet' in south Hebron village - Three Israelis from the Karmel settlement entered Um al-Kher village: one threw rocks at residents, another settler took off all his clothes, and a third insulted the Prophet Muhammad, in order to provoke the villagers, the mayor said. (Maan)
- Sderot goes on strike after Israel treasury withholds millions in promised aid - In addition to depriving residents of services, the strike resulted in the city skipping this week's Home Front Defense exercise, which focused on coping with an earthquake. (Haaretz+)
- Israel's 100 most influential people this Jewish year / First Bibi, now Romney: Sheldon Adelson - Sheldon Adelson, the world's 14th wealthiest man, has deployed his casino billions to dominate the Israeli press with his free daily Israel Hayom, the PM's mouthpiece. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.