"...history's judgment will doubtless be damning. And it will cite, inter alia, his obsessive demand for Palestinian recognition as proof that he always intended to avoid a pragmatic, two-state solution, despite his Bar-Ilan declarations."--Journalist and commentator David Landau explains in Haaretz+ why Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's demand that the Palestinians recognize Israel "as the Jewish state" is proof of his disingenuousness regarding peace between Israelis and Palestinians.
- Settlers uproot 53 olive trees in Qalqiliya, attack farmer in separate incidents - Israeli settlers from the Karni Shomron settlement uprooted around 53 olive trees belonging to Suleiman Jaber in Kafr Laqif village. In a separate incident, settlers from Yitzhar settlement assaulted and beat Mohammad al-Zein from Burin village while he was cultivating his land. (Maan)
- IDF says terrorist killed in cave 'threatened forces for months' - After anti-tank missiles take out Islamic Jihad operative Mohammed Assi, who was hiding in cave near Bilin, army warns of 'terror atmosphere' in West Bank. Israel Police's counter-terrorism forces identified the man as 28-year-old Mohammed A'atzi, one of the people responsible for Tel Aviv terror attack during Operation Pillar of Defense. (Ynet and Haaretz)
- Clashes in Abu Dis following Israeli house demolition - Clashes broke out overnight Monday and continued into Tuesday morning after Israeli bulldozers accompanied by over 30 military vehicles demolished aPalestinian home in the Jerusalem town of Abu Dis. (Maan)
- Israeli forces set up checkpoint in Jenin village, sparking clashes - Israeli forces raided the Jenin village of Qabatiya on Tuesday and set up a military checkpoint. Eyewitnesses said that four Israeli military patrols and a military vehicle carrying 20 soldiers were stationed at the southern entrance to Qabatiya. Clashes broke out as local villagers reacted to the military checkpoints' presence. (Maan)
- Palestinian Minister: Israel refusing to release sick prisoners - Prisoners minister Issa Qaraqe on Tuesday said that the Israeli government refused Palestinian Authority requests to release prisoners facing serious health problems. He also said the PA was working to fight "medical negligence" in Israeli jails. (Maan)
- Bennett calls opposition 'an economic terror attack' - In a fiery debate in the Knesset plenary, economy and trade minister blasts opposition parties for "anti-entrepreneurial policies." How many jobs have you created in your lives? Bennett asks Meretz MKs. (Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.