"Are we on the edge of a third intifada? It is a real possibility because of the amount of despair coupled with the (political) stalemate."--Former Shin Bet chief and Yesh Atid candidate says negotiations must be a priority of the next government.
- Report: Israel stopped Assad's chemical warfare - New York Times reports IDF intelligence about Syrian sarin gas preparation prompted international action that prevented Assad from mixing chemicals. (Ynet)
- Second group of cyber defenders graduate from IDF - Over the next year, IDF intends to increase the size of computer defense courses, with dozens of additional soldiers being trained for such posts. (Haaretz+)
- State: Universal draft not best for IDF - In brief filed with High Court over petitions demanding the immediate draft of yeshiva boys, State argues that expanding current draft 'is not feasible'; will strain IDF's resources and may impede primary missions. (Ynet)
- Arab youths assault taxi driver in Tel Aviv - Three assailants enter cab, hit driver and leave him on side of the road near Halamish before heading off with car. (Ynet)
- Israeli high-tech start-ups sold for combined $5.5 billion in 2012 - PricewaterhouseCoopers Israel report shows that 50 buy-out deals for Israeli high-tech start-ups in 2012 averaged $111 million in size, an all-time high. (Israel Hayom)
- Israel won’t allow ‘State of Palestine’ passports - Chief PA negotiator: Israel "will not allow Palestinians to travel" with "State of Palestine" printed on identification documents. New emblem to be used in correspondence with countries that recognized Palestinian observer state status in the U.N. (Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.