Islamic Jihad to Hold Elections
"If every Arab is a terrorist, then, yes, I sang for terrorists. By the same token, every Israeli is a murderer, no? So I was in good company."--Israeli singer Achinoam Nini responds to the hate-filled Facebook campaign calling to boycott her.
- Israel joins UN list of states limiting human rights organizations - UN Human Rights Commissioner Navi Pillay lists Israel along with countries such as Belarus, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Ethiopia and Venezuela. (Haaretz)
- PM's father Benzion Netanyahu dies - Renowned historian, Revisionist activist dies in Jerusalem at age of 102. Netanyahu senior was born in Warsaw and came to Israel in 1920. (Ynet)
- Report: Islamic Jihad to hold historic elections - Sources tell al-Sharq al-Awsat terror group decided to hold elections due to disagreements over ties with Hamas, 'resistance' to Israel. (Ynet)
- Band's visit cancelled - Despite conductor Daniel Barenboim being known for supporting the Palestinian struggle for a state, Qatar cancelled performance of his orchestra: "It's not time to host Zionists." (Yedioth, p. 24)
- Survey: Israel world's 3rd hottest real estate market (Agencies, Ynet)
Here is the full News from Israel.