"I won’t lie; I was scared at first. I’ve never been to the Palestinian territories before and I felt threatened, but I couldn’t let this opportunity pass me by."--Elon Gilad, an editor and writer at Haaretz, shares his experiences running in the first Palestinian marathon, despite being banned from participating by the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli military.
- Israeli government to equip (Christian and Muslim) holy sites with security cameras - In efforts to eradicate so-called price-tag attacks, Israeli authorities step up enforcement, install security cameras in mosques and monasteries. The cameras will be connected to a 24-hour call center that will alert police if necessary. (Israel Hayom)
- Land owner says Israeli forces uproot 500 trees - Gamal Kanan, 60, said this was the third time Israeli forces had entered the al-Toyour neighborhood of Beit Dajan near Nablus to uproot almond and olive trees. He was told by troops that the area was confiscated land but says he has official documents proving his ownership. (Maan)
- More East Jerusalem Palestinians seeking Israeli citizenship, report shows - Study's editors link applications to sense of insecurity among East Jerusalemites who fear losing legal rights; report notes 'dramatic lessening in stigma attached to seeking Israeli citizenship.' (Haaretz+)
- Gaza families visit relatives jailed in Israel - Fifty-eight relatives traveled to visit 43 family members detained by Israel, a media official from the International Committee of the Red Cross said. (Maan)
- Israel to allow limited building supplies into Gaza - Israeli authorities opened the Kerem Shalom goods crossing into Gaza on Monday for the limited transfer of building materials. (Maan)
- Jordan MP expelled for shaking hand of 'criminal Peres' - Al-Wasat Al-Islamiy party expels member who reportedly took part in event marking independence of 'Zionist entity.' (Ynet)
- U.S. State Department report criticizes Israeli treatment of African refugees -The report for 2012, issued April 19, said 'the treatment of refugees, asylum seekers, and irregular migrants' was a 'most significant' human rights problem. (Haaretz)
- Peres praises Azerbaijan's stand in Iran crisis - President meets with FM Elmar Mammadyarov amid rising tensions between Jerusalem, Tehran; lauds Azerbaijan on 'clear stand' against terrorism. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.