"If tomorrow I send you to Tapuach (settlement) to put up a block to prevent reinforcement in Migron (outpost), will you be able to do it?"--- Judea and Samaria Division Commander Brigadier-General Hagai Mordechai asked ultra-Orthodox soldiers, some settlers, if they would refuse orders. (The soldier did not answer.) Ynet
- 'Price tag' graffiti found in Shufat - Unknown vandals puncture tires, spray-paint hate slogans such as 'Death to the enemy' in Jerusalem neighborhood. (Ynet)
- Officer questions ultra-Orthodox IDF battalions' commitment - Netzah Yehuda battalion's request to serve in volatile West Bank sectors denied over fears soldiers would refuse orders regarding settlement eviction. Yesha Council livid over 'IDF blackmail.' (Ynet)
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre requesting aid from Obama and Putin - The Israeli water company blocked the church's access to its bank account over a 9 million shekel ($2.3 million) debt. The church received water for free for many years and now has asked the powers to help. (Maariv, p. 17)
- IDF successfully tests upgraded Iron Dome anti-missile system - The new system can now intercept more rockets and offer wider protection of the area where it is set; Barak: Within a few years, the multi-layer missile defense system should be able to protect all of Israel. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Drop in number of Jews in Congress likely - 40 Jews served in this last Congress, all Democrats with the exception of Eric Cantor. (Maariv, p. 5)
For the full News from Israel.