The News from Israel
"I was in the shower and thought missiles were falling on Israel"
"Human rights violations are inherent in a military occupation, and the protracted nature of Israel’s occupation only exacerbates human rights violations.”--B’Tselem Executive Director Jessica Montell commenting on annual report showing rise in killing of civilians
- 3 rockets fired at western Negev - Rockets explode in open areas in south. No injuries or damage were reported. (Ynet)
- 'I was in the shower and thought missiles were falling on Israel' - Civil defense drill sparks panic in downtown Tel Aviv, as sirens wail Wednesday morning.(Haaretz)
- Minister Eli Yishai to PM and FM: Don't send senior representative to J Street conference - Shas minister claims J Street works against Israel’s interests. (Israel Hayom, p. 15)
- 'Divorce within 45 days — or face sanctions' - Sanctions bill which was approved by Knesset will oblige rabbinical courts to impose sanctions on spouses refusing to grant divorce. (Ynet)
- Knesset approves 'Lapid bill' - Bill inspired by journalist-turned-politician requires anyone declaring intention to run for Knesset seat to report source of donations. (Ynet)
To read the full version of the News from Israel click here.