DANGEROUS DAIRY

Hospital Ice Cream Kills 3

Blue Bell Creameries has issued its first recall in 108 years after three people died from eating listeria-contaminated ice cream cups, bars, and sandwiches from the company at a Kansas hospital. The contamination has been detected in South Carolina and Texas as well. The company was eager to stress that the contamination does not include its half gallons, quarts, pints, cups, three gallon ice cream or take-home frozen snack novelties.” A total of five people have been infected by ice cream from the country in a 12 month period ending January 2015. The FDA has not identified the Kansas hospital in question.