"Settlements are the most evil and foolish act since World War II."--Former Israeli attorney general Michael Ben-Yair in a discussion on his Facebook page.
- 19th Knesset opens summer session - Knesset is to enter summer session Monday; most pressing issues on agenda are equal share of burden, State budget, peace process with Palestinians. (Ynet)
- Tel Aviv high school censors David Grossman's Memorial Day speech - Aleph High School for the Arts insisted on editing text of speech by author David Grossman ahead of Memorial Day ceremony due to concerns it might offend some of those in attendance. (Haaretz+)
- Israel says drones to eventually replace manned aircraft - Military industry's to shift to drone-based air force within 40 to 50 years, IAF official says. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Next generation of ultra-Orthodox recruits - Despite challenges, IDF decides to form additional Nahal Haredi battalions to be completely operational, identical in size to existing Netzah Yehuda Battalion. (Yedioth/Ynet)
- Jericho man wins Bethlehem marathon - Hundreds of athletes brave freezing rain to take part in West Bank city's first-ever long-distance race. Runners came from the U.S., Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Finland as well as Arab countries. Marathon's initiators view it as project aimed at promoting tourism, public health. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Boston bombing will boost U.S. support for Israel, says Netanyahu aide - WATCH: More Americans identify with Israel after terror attacks, says Ron Dermer, possible next Israeli envoy to Washington, to U.S. Jewish leaders. (Haaretz+)
- Netanyahu to visit China to boost trade ties - Beijing sees PM as vital to Mideast peace, after relative cool in bilateral ties. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.