"This right-wing is sitting in the government and speaking about two-states for two peoples, release Palestinians prisoners and is making diplomatic moves. This is very surprising and, of course, it is the result of the Oslo Accords."--Yossi Beilin, an author of the interim peace agreement, says it made the right-wing more left-wing.
- Settlers hurl stones at car carrying Maan board members - Tareq Jabara, a member of the board, told Maan that settlers from Bet El hurled stones at their car on the Ramallah-al-Jalazun road. No injuries were reported. (Maan)
- Israeli teachers fear civics textbook biased by right-wing reviewer - There is only one academic adviser reviewing changes to primary civics textbook, and no Arab input. (Haaretz)
- Under pressure, popular Israeli folk singer cancels performance in settlement - Concert was to take place in Susya community in Judea and Samaria. Ehud Banai chose location to promote dialogue in a controversial place despite personal views, and "has said more than once that he does not boycott concerts beyond the Green Line." (Israel Hayom)
- Public broadcaster removes 'right-wing murderer' promo after outcry - Promo for new satire show featuring the characters Yigal Amir, Baruch Goldstein and Yona Avrushmi singing and prancing between rainbows sparks harsh condemnations. Habayit Hayehudi MK Ayelet Shaked: This is what our tax money pays for? (Israel Hayom)
- Legal term for interim PA cabinet expires Tuesday - The interim Palestinian Authority cabinet of caretaker prime minister Rami Hamdallah will convene on Tuesday for the last time before the expected announcement of a new permanent cabinet. (Maan)
- Israeli group wants Facebook to unlike Iranian ministers - 15 Iranian ministers recently opened Facebook accounts. Current sanctions prevent any American company from providing services to Iranian government officials. Facebook is a California-based company and is thus subject to U.S. law. (Israel Hayom)
- Hamas to produce film about Gilad Shalit - Islamist group's culture ministry announces it will produce film about Gilad Shalit's years in captivity; will emphasize that force is the right opposition. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.