"The Arab League today is less hostile to Israel. The Arab (Peace) Initiative should form the basis of renewed negotiations. We need to look for opportunities at a time like this."--Former Mossad chief Meir Dagan says Israel must renew negotiations with the Palestinians.
- Settler dogs attack Palestinian villagers near Hebron - a settler from Susiya settlement unleashed his dogs near in Yatta to scare villagers. In March, Israeli Knesset member Ahmad Tibi alleged that settlers in the West Bank were training dogs to attack Palestinians. (Maan)
- Israel's defense minister considering legalizing disputed West Bank outpost - Moshe Ya'alon is negotiating with settlers to legalize the Havat Gilad outpost in exchange for their voluntary withdrawal from four structures in the West Bank's Area B. (Haaretz+)
- Erekat: World should sever ties with Israel - PLO negotiator Saeb Erekat called on the int'l community to stop dealing with the Israeli government while it acts above the law. His statements were made after meeting with New Zealand Minister of Foreign Affairs Murray McCully, who he gave documents and maps detailing settlement activity, the siege on Gaza, and displacement of Palestinians. (Maan)
- Google goes all the way to Jerusalem to discuss its 'Palestine' policy - Israel's Foreign Ministry fails in its attempt to convince Google representatives to get 'Palestine' off the tech giant's products. (Haaretz+) Peres tells Clinton '2-state solution is your gift to Israel' - At opening of 'FacingTomorrow' conference in Jerusalem, Peres grants 42nd president of United States Israel's highest distinction: 'Your work laid the foundations which will one day bring peace to our region.' (Ynet)
- Education Ministry funds fewer school hours for Arabs than Jews - Arab students continue to score two grade levels below their Jewish peers on math, language and science exams. (Haaretz+) Israel will be first country to receive F-35 stealth jet fighter - State-of-the-art fighter aircraft, the first of which are scheduled to be delivered to Israel at the end of 2016, are also expected to be fitted with an Israeli "twist." (Israel Hayom)
- Israeli diplomat in open letter to Alice Walker: Don't boycott my home - The Israeli consul general in New York says that the American novelist is trying to deprive millions of regular, hard-working Israeli music fans of their right to enjoy music. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.