"They got the wrong guy."--A Jerusalem-based friend of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, the 52-year-old U.S. ambassador to Libya who was killed Wednesday in Benghazi, talks of his devotion to the Arab and Muslim world.
- Jewish teens indicted over Arab's assault - Defendants accused of aggravated battery, theft after beating, punching Arab in Jerusalem last week. (Ynet)
- 'British spy chief secretly visits Israel to urge against Iran attack' - MI6 head John Sawers covertly met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak two weeks ago, Daily Mail reports. (Israel Hayom and Ynet)
- Report: Dozens of prisoners held in Israeli jails in inhuman conditions - A Public Defender's Office report says 121 prisoners are currently held isolated in Israeli jails, among them 12 minors. (Haaretz)
- Explain your face, tourist - Interior Ministry proposes establishing biometric database of all tourists entering Israel; those who refuse won't be allowed to enter. (Yedioth, p. 12)
- Hezbollah condemns film on Prophet Mohammad, ignores killings - In a statement, which makes no reference to the killings of U.S. diplomats in Libya, Hezbollah says the film reflects "the true position of the American-Zionist alliance towards Islam and Muslims." (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News From Israel.