Number of the day: 1 million.--The amount of dollars billionaire Power Rangers creator Haim Saban said he would donate to Israeli soldiers if Simon Cowell would sing 'Go Go Power Rangers.
- Youths smash hole in Israel's separation wall near Abu Dis - Dozens of young Palestinians smashed a hole in Israel's separation wall near Abu Dis on Wednesday, as clashes broke out in the town for the second day in a row, in protest against a house demolition in Abu Dis late Monday. (Maan)
- Simon Cowell steals the show in Friends of IDF fundraiser - TV personality teased into singing on fundraiser by Haim Saban in Beverly Hills, raises $1m for cause. (Yedioth, p. 20/Ynet)
- EU strives to skirt diplomatic row with Israel for the sake of scientific cooperation - Israel, the only non-European country that has been asked to join Horizon 2020, threatens not to sign if EU settlement guidelines aren’t softened. (Haaretz+)
- Ariel: Annex territories, give Palestinians limited citizenship - In magazine interview, Housing Minister Uri Ariel urges Israel to annex Judea and Samaria, says demographic threat is not a concern. Ariel proposes offering Arabs citizenship but holding them to certain criteria to avoid "apartheid" label. (Israel Hayom)
- Head of Egypt's intelligence in 1973: Israel's agent was answering to Sadat - Former head of Egyptian intelligence Fouad Nassar says Ashraf Marwan helped deceive Israel ahead of the Yom Kippur War. (Haaretz+)
- Report: Israel's 'startup nation' status at risk - Government must increase investment in scientific research if Israel is to remain one of the world's most technologically advanced nations, says Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Country's scientific potential remains untapped, study finds. (Israel Hayom)
- Senior official says Iran has halted 20 percent enrichment - No immediate comment from the UN nuclear agency that regularly inspects Iranian nuclear sites, though one diplomat in Vienna says unaware of any halt. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.