“Where are the Palestinian residents who petitioned the court against the agreement? You are negotiating and where are they? They don’t exist?”—Justice Miriam Naor slams the State of Israel.
- Hundreds of Beitar Jerusalem fans beat up Arab workers in mall; no arrests - Despite CCTV footage, no one arrested after the incident at Malha shopping center on Monday; Jerusalem police say arrests not made because no complaints filed. (Haaretz)
- Poll: Half the Palestinians support Marwan Barghouti for president - Barghouti was sentenced in Israel to five life sentences. Palestinian Authority presidential elections are expected to be this year. (Maariv—Hebrew)
- Britain bans ad promoting tourism to Israel for blurring 1967 borders - Ad, promoting book on northern Israel, evokes no less than 350 complaints to the ASA, which oversees and regulates the advertising industry in the U.K. (Haaretz)
- Europe’s judgment day - After a 32-hour siege, the terrorist from Toulouse was shot to death. Report: he visited Israel in the past (Maariv—Hebrew)
- A Yedioth poll shows that if no matter whether Livni or Mofaz wins, Likud led by Netanyahu will still get 29 mandates. Here are the rest:
Livni Mofaz Kadima 15 12 Yair Lapid 13 14 Israel Beitenu 12 14 Labor 13 13 Shas 9 8 Meretz 4 5 Arieh Deri 2 2 Barak 0 0
To read the full version of the News from Israel click here.