MISINFORMED

'Death Panel' Rumor Persists

A new poll set to be released Tuesday finds that 26 percent of Republicans still believe that the new health-care overhaul plan includes "death panels" that will determine care for a person by their "level of productivity in society." An additional 31 percent of those polled are not sure whether the dreaded "death panels" are true or not, bringing the grand total of Republicans duped by the rumor to 57 percent. The poll was commissioned by the Daily Kos and carried out by Research 2000, a nonpartisan group. It is notable that the question posed by pollsters replicates words used by Sarah Palin in reference to the panels.