"When the Government places the future in the hands of (Habayit Hayehudi) Housing Minister Uri Ariel and (far-right Likud) Deputy Minister Danny Danon and, at the same time, gives up on (National Security Advisor Yaakov) Amidror, it is not just the Right that has a problem, Israel has a problem."--Conservative Maariv commentator Ben-Dror Yemini on the influence of extremists in the government and the resignation of Amidror.
- 21 tires slashed, graffiti sprayed in fourth suspected 'price tag' attack in a month - Assailants puncture tires of 21 cars in Beit Hanina in north Jerusalem; Netanyahu condemned similar incident in Abu Gosh last week as 'contrary to Jewish values'; President Peres at Abu Gosh: We were all hurt by this horrible crime. (Haaretz and Israel Hayom)
- Israeli press group slams army's detention of Palestinian journalists - Israeli Journalists for Palestinian Issues condemned the detention of two Palestine TV journalists covering clashes in the Kafr Qaddum village in Qalqiliya on Friday. The group said Israeli forces must treat journalists as "neutral" and should not expose them to risk of shooting or assault. (Maan)
- Gaza crossings closed for 2nd day - Israel continued its closure of all crossings into Gaza on Tuesday for the second day. The passenger crossing in northern Gaza, Erez, will also remain closed, except for humanitarian cases. (Maan)
- Yachimovich: Why can’t Israel catch ‘price taggers?’ - Referring to 'price tag' attacks in E. Jerusalem, Labor party chief said: "It is not logical that Israel, which is blessed with intelligence and operational capabilities that are among the best in the world, cannot catch an extremist group that causes indescribable damage." (Ynet)
- More Ethiopian-Israeli women ending up in military jail, IDF data shows - Percentage of soldiers from Ethiopian community who are in military prison, absent without leave or have deserted is five times that of the general population. (Haaretz+)
- Shas leader Deri: Haredim, Arabs need to feed their kids too - Opposition parties slam State budget with no-confidence motion, claiming budget deepens social gaps. Shas leader Aryeh Deri turns to coalition members, asks for 'compassion.' (Ynet)
- UN blasts Israel for holding migrant kids in detention centers - The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child condemned Israel policy of holding the children of migrants and asylum seekers in detention centers. (Ynet)
- Netanyahu's national security adviser resigns amid conflict of interest probe - Israel's attorney general examines possibility that Maj. Gen. (res.) Ya'akov Amidror advised cabinet on matters of energy even though he was barred from doing so. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.