"The patient thought I was Yemenite and asked me to treat him instead of the (Arab) medic that was with me."-- Muawiya Kabaha shares stories from being an Arab-Israeli paramedic who rescues Jews.
- Medical staff that treated Palestinian who later died 'didn't know he had been shot' - Palestinian was mortally wounded by IDF gunfire when trying to illegally cross into Israel in January, but the soldiers told their commanders and the medics they had only fired in the air and 'there was no way' he was shot. (Haaretz+)
- IDF chief in Poland: We will never again stand unready to defend ourselves - Benny Gantz makes a speech to thousands of youths marching at Auschwitz-Birkenau in honor of Holocaust Remembrance Day. (Haaretz)
- U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to visit Israel in April - The defense secretary's first visit to Israel since taking office, expected to take place April 21-23, is meant to bolster the allies' cooperation in the Middle East. (Haaretz)
- New York's Yeshiva University engulfed in controversy over Jimmy Carter peace award - America’s preeminent Modern Orthodox academic institution distances itself from 'student-initiated' award as critics call for financial pressure to cancel ceremony. (Haaretz)
- Open letter calls for female Israelis to join committee for drafting ultra-Orthodox to IDF - Deborah Forum: Issue has 'far-reaching political, social, economic and social implications' for Israeli society. (Haaretz+)
- Hackers target Haaretz's Hebrew website in cyber attack - Efforts by hackers to disrupt Israeli web traffic causes only minor problems, far short from their stated goal to 'wipe Israel off the map of the Internet.' (Haaretz+)
- Gaza rights group denounces Hamas police for cutting youths' hair - The Palestinian Center for Human Rights says Hamas police have arrested, beaten and cut the hair of youths it deems 'unbecoming.' (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.