Brittany Murphy Death: Was It Due to Mold?

Brittany Murphy's mother, Sharon, is upset about reports saying the death of her daughter—and her daughter's husband, Simon Monjack—resulted from a toxic "black mold" found in the family's Hollywood home. "I have never been personally asked by the coroner or anyone from the Health Department to come and inspect my home for mold," Sharon Murphy told People magazine. "In the last eight months, I have been through the most unimaginable events, which no one could ever fathom. I have and will continue to be very cooperative and fully comply with any such request." A source at the Los Angeles County Health Department said that their office is not investigating, despite reports to the contrary. The official causes of Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack's deaths—for now, at least—are pneumonia and anemia.