"I may be an Arab, but I waited an entire week to taste these."--Muawiya Qabaha, an Israeli Arab paramedic who rushed to scene of a car accident following a stone-throwing in the West Bank, ate muflatta as the guest of honor in the settlement of Yakir.
- IDF troops provide security for all West Bank outposts, regardless of legal status - 25 unauthorized outposts are guarded by a special force tasked with 'community protection,' whose soldiers typically spend a full week at a time guarding and protecting the outpost where they are stationed. (Haaretz+)
- Israel arrests settlers over Palestinian shootings - Five Israelis were arrested Tuesday from the wildcat settlement outpost of Esh Kodesh, near Nablus, on suspicion of shooting and wounding two Palestinians from the village of Qusra in February, Israeli army radio reported. Police found a weapons cache at the outpost. (Maan)
- Relatives: Israel detains mother near Bethlehem - Israeli forces detained Hiba Bahjat, 27, from her home in a pre-dawn raid in Doha, near Bethlehem, relatives said. Forces also confiscated the woman's cell phone, computer and wedding album, her parents said. (Maan)
- Fischer: Housing crisis caused by long planning - Bank of Israel governor submits last annual report before stepping down this summer, says low interest rate is not what pushed apartment prices up. He warns against increase in budget deficit, urges budget cuts. (Ynet)
- Bennett presents haredi share in burden plan - Economy Minister's plan sees 1,800 yeshiva students exempt from military, national service with rest receiving three-year exemption. Forum for equality: 'This is a joke, perpetuates discrimination.' (Ynet)
- Russian oligarchs reenact exodus in Arava desert - Group of Russian tycoons hike through Arava Desert before Seder, imitate ancient Hebrew lifestyle. (Yedioth/Ynet)
- Dozens of Israelis travel to Turkey after reconciliation - Israelis take advantage of Passover holiday, apology to Turkey to vacation in resort city. 'I don't feel like a traitor,' traveler says. (Ynet and Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.