TERROR PLOT

AZ Suspect Considered Super Bowl Attack

The Phoenix man accused of helping two gunmen plot the Draw Muhammad attack last month allegedly considered an attack on the Super Bowl when it was hosted in Arizona this year, an FBI special agent said at a federal court hearing Tuesday. Dina McCarthy said 43-year-old Abdul Malik Abdul Kareem hosted and provided guns to Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, who were both killed by police during the failed attack in Garland, Texas, and Kareem had wanted to attack the Super Bowl. McCarthy, citing a witness and a confidential informant, did not provide any details about how serious Kareem was with the alleged plans. Kareem was denied bail and charged with conspiracy, making false statements, and interstate transportation of firearms with intent to commit a felony.