"I hope the campaign will remain civilized and slander free and that the parties and candidates respect each other."--Israeli President Shimon Peres.
- NATO commander to visit Israel - Admiral James Stavridis' visit is scheduled at the height of a joint exercise carried out by the Israeli and U.S. armies. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli Civil Administration officer's car vandalized - IDF says act was apparently perpetrated by settlers in protest of a routine security check near W. Bank settlement of Esh Kodesh. (Ynet)
- Israel's air traffic halted after unidentified craft spotted over country's center - Flights in and out of Ben-Gurion International Airport postponed until all-clear received from Air Force; new details emerge regarding incident in which UAV penetrated Israel's airspace over weekend. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Israel's deputy U.S. envoy reassigned to Denmark - Move comes in wake of terse relations between ambassador and deputy. (Haaretz+)
- September shows dramatic drop in number of illegal infiltrators - Following the completion of new detention centers, Public Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch says that Israel Prison Service is "prepared to absorb the illegal infiltrators effective immediately." (Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.