WOW

At Least Two Women Contact Chicago Prosecutors With New R. Kelly Allegations

At least two women have contacted the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office since Wednesday afternoon to report alleged inappropriate conduct by R&B singer R. Kelly, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. The women reportedly reached out to prosecutors after Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx held a press conference Tuesday and pleaded with accusers to come forward, saying she was “sickened” by allegations detailed in the new documentary series Surviving R. Kelly but could not open a criminal probe without witnesses. While the state's attorney's office confirmed only that it had received calls regarding R. Kelly after Foxx's plea, but not how many, the two women told the Sun-Times they'd contacted the tip line recommended by Foxx with allegations they had not previously reported to police. Both women told the newspaper they are not currently residents of Chicago but said they were in the city when they were victims of inappropriate conduct by Kelly. One alleged she had experienced misconduct by the singer at her grandmother's home on the South Side in the mid-1980s, while the other said she was at the singer’s warehouse/studio space in 2002, the Sun-Times reports.