"At first I didn't know how she would accept the fact that I'm Israeli," she said, "but it turned out that just as I don't hate the Iranians, they understand we're human beings too."--Israeli Ella Klein, 28, wrote on her Facebook page about her new friend, Hoda, whom she taught to scuba dive in Thailand.
- IDF raids Hebron-area village; residents fear impending demolition - IDF helicopters ferried masked, armed soldiers to isolated Palestinian village of Jinba, where they raided homes, photographing and mapping the site, say residents. (Haaretz)
- Barak vows to push through new draft law after Knesset recess - Defense minister insists replacement for Tal Law will be legislated in upcoming Knesset. (Israel Hayom)
- Scandinavian ship sails to challenge Gaza blockade - The SV Estelle, a 53-metre vessel backed mainly by Swedish and Norwegian groups, sets sail from Oslo as organizers hope other ships will join it during its journey to the Gaza Strip. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Tel Aviv council rejects Arabic caption in city logo - Arab councilman proposes adding city's name in Arabic to Tel Aviv's logo but is rejected. (Ynet)
- Syria's Assad makes first television appearance in two weeks - State TV broadcasts pictures of Syrian leader meeting with a senior Iranian official, one day after Assad's prime minister defected to Jordan. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Iranian VP arrives in Egypt to invite Morsi to attend summit - VP's journey marks first time a high-ranking official from Iran travels to Egypt in decades. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News From Israel