"What is important is that reserve soldiers, time after time, are sent on missions to guard... outlaws."--Commentator Ariella Ringel Hoffman in an Op-Ed in Yedioth today.
- 100 American Jewish leaders urge Netanyahu to show readiness to make 'painful territorial sacrifices' - Lauding PM’s 'leadership' on Turkey, Israeli Policy Forum letter urges collaboration with Kerry and 'concrete confidence building measures' with Palestinians. (Haaretz+)
- Palestinian shepherd, 80, beaten unconscious near settlement - Police has gathered evidence in effort to reveal who was responsible for Friday attack. (Haaretz+ and Maan)
- Palestinian farmer hurt escaping settler attack - Four settlers carrying guns chased 45-year-old Jihad Salameh Makhamrah from his land east of Yatta. Meanwhile, a group of settlers led by "terrorist Yaakov Dalia" attacked a group of shepherds in the same area. (Maan)
- 7 injured as settlers attack Palestinian school buses (Sunday) - Settlers threw rocks at a two Palestinian school buses south of Nablus on Sunday, injuring seven children. (Maan)
- Shin Bet documents show illegal interrogation methods used against Palestinian prisoner - A prisoner who suffered serious injury 18 months ago, which he alleges were caused by torture, files a High Court petition asking that the military prosecution open a case against investigators in the Shin Bet security service. (Haaretz+)
- Oslo expects explanation from Palestinian Authority, In Jerusalem, silence - Norway enraged at PA after it was revealed that financial aid it gave the PA was transferred to security prisoners. In Israel, silent, misses opportunity to stop European funding. (NRG Hebrew and Israel Hayom)
- Israeli government seeks to settle Bedouin issue once and for all - A new bill addresses disputed ownership of thousands of acres in the Negev, offering Bedouin residents compensation while leaving the state with vast swaths of land that it had expropriated for various purposes. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.