"On one hand, it wants to be a people's army and on the other, [it's] a cruel occupation army, similar to the Germans during World War II."-- In new Israeli documentary film, 'The Gatekeepers,' Former Shin Bet chief Avraham Shalom acknowledges that the occupation of the Palestinians inflicts damage on the Israeli side. The film just won the U.S. National Society of Film Critics' award for best documentary.
- Netanyahu receives letters from more than 700 Jewish clergy protesting settlement expansion - Jewish rabbis, cantors, and rabbinical students around the world expressed fears the E-1 plan will be 'final blow to a peaceful solution' and voiced concern it 'damages the critical relationship between Israel and the US.' (Haaretz+)
- Settler council lied to High Court to prevent West Bank outpost evacuation - The Gush Etzion Regional Council provided false affidavit claiming families populated four structures built without permit in the illegal Sde Boaz outpost; evacuating a family that already lives in a structure is legally much more complicated than preventing one from being inhabited. (Haaretz+)
- Former Mossad chief Halevy: Practical solution required to conflict with Hamas - "The reality has changed and we are left with the worst of dilemmas: The possibility of an agreement with our enemies," said Halevy. (Ynet)
- Police: Not enough evidence to investigate Netanyahu - In May, Attorney-General ordered investigation of Prime Minister over suspicions that ultra-Orthodox singer and businessman Dedi Graucher illegally transferred cash to Netanyahu. Netanyahu's lawyers, driver deny all charges. (Israel Hayom)
- Education Minister calls extraordinary meeting of higher education panel to approve Ariel University - The meeting will be dedicated to one issue only: to provide further official endorsement of the status of Ariel University - in the West Bank city of Ariel - as a university. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.