DEADLY SNACKS

3 Dead After Eating Infected Ice Cream

According to a statement from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, four adults treated at a hospital in Wichita, Kansas between Jan. 2013 and Jan. 2015 became infected with listeria after eating hospital-provided ice cream from Blue Bell creameries. Three of the patients died, though a department spokesperson says the listeria was not the sole cause of their deaths. The hospital has since removed all Blue Bell Creamery products and the company has recalled its products.