Parents claim that 234 girls are missing from a northeast Nigerian school that fell under attack last week. School officials had previously said 85 children were taken when the Chibok Government Girls Secondary School fell under attack on April 14. The higher number came out on Monday when the Borno state's governor insisted on going to Chibok. There, parents told him officials would not listen to them when they drew up their list of missing children. When the governor rectified that, the total reached 234. It is believed that Boko Haram, which means “Western education is sinful,” is responsible for the kidnappings.